Schedule a FREE Consultation
with Steven Kim aka "Dr SEO"
1. See if the SEO consultant/company ranks on the first page for “seo las vegas”
– if they don’t appear on the first page, then they are probably not that good.
– if they spend money advertising with PPC, then they are not that effective.
2. Ask to see RECENT Case Studies
– The case studies should show example of “natural SEO” success. Being on the first page with a Google Places listing is an example of Local Marketing and is NOT the same as a natural listing via SEO. A natural (aka “organic”) listing is the most powerful piece of virtual real estate you can have if ranked on the first page.
3. The case studies should show success with competitive search terms
– ranking high for search terms like “artifical plant” is much more impressive than “artificial plants in las vegas nv 89123”
4. Check their associations
– Being associated with IWA and SEMPO shows some certification
– Being with local chambers helps (i.e. Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce)
– Being with Better Business Bureau is a sign of trust and integrity. If a business shows the BBB symbol, be sure to go to www.bbb.org and do a search of the firms name to check if they actually are with the BBB. Some scam businesses show the BBB symbol illegally to get you to trust them.
Watch out for scams! Visit http://www.drseo.org to see our educational and scam alert videos.